Designated Clinical Officer (DCO) for Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND).
The DCO role is to support health colleagues both at Rotherham, Doncaster and South Humber NHS Trust (RDaSH) and Doncaster and Bassetlaw teaching hospitals NHS trust (DBTH), to make sure Health Services are meeting the needs of Children and Young People 0-25 with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities. To ensure Children and Young People with SEND have the right health support to achieve the best they possibly can.
The DCO role is a key element in supporting the Health Service in its implementation of the Children’s and Families Act 2014.
The DCO Role is a varied role and includes:
- Supporting joint up working between health services and local authorities.
- Attending Educational, Health and Care panels to discuss which children go forwards for assessment and then if required have a formal plan (EHCP).
- Act as an operational health lead for the Education, Health and Care Plan Pathway.
- Supporting health professionals with the information required within these assessments.
- Supporting the SEN Team at the Local Authority with questions and queries on information.